Prolong Your Dog's Life
Escanaba Veterinary Clinic provides a full range of preventative care services to help your dog live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventative care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). We then customize our recommendations based on your dog's hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Annual preventive care for dogs typically includes:
- At least one annual Physical Examination at which time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions. During the exam our doctors will perform a:
- Ear and Eye Examination
- Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) analysis
- Abdominal Palpation
- Dental Exam
- Dermatological Exam
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Vaccines based on your dog's lifestyle and/or breed. Core Vaccines include Rabies, Distemper-Parvo-Adenovirus and Leptospirosis. Our veterinarians may also recommend additional vaccines such as Lyme, Bordetella (Kennel Cough) and Canine Influenza.
- Parasite Control Products to control parasites such as heartworms, intestinal parasites (such as round worms), fleas and ticks. Controlling these parasites helps protect your dog and your family members from easily transmitted parasites.
- Diagnostic Testing to confirm the absence of heartworms, tick-transmitted diseases, or other internal parasites. Early disease screening tests, such as our wellness plans, can help identify any internal issues which cannot be detected during a thorough physical exam.
- Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping that will benefit your dog's overall health and wellbeing and advise you on any questions you might have regarding your dog's health.